I am going to make this one short b/c I think given the fact that tomorrow is going to be another one of those crazy early rounding days (b/c lots of babies) I should go to bed soon! Trying to remember what happened yesterday....
Clark and I were bad parents. The triplets still have preschool this week (well at least Monday and Thursday) and so we still took them. Actually I don't feel bad about this b/c they love school and this week is basically a play week. Clark then went out for a 10.6 mile run. I think his pace was in the 7:30's. It has been a long while since he has done a longer run. My husband is weird. He listened to some sort of news show for the first half of the run. Talk about boring someone to tears. He said he enjoys it and doesn't think of his runs and runs but more "me time" so listening to that doesn't bother him b/c he doesn't care about pace. I think he sounds like the biggest nerd ever. He did admit his splits were faster the second half when he switched to music...duh! While he was gone, I took pictures of Alexis sleeping b/c I thought she was never going to get up. She hardly ever has the chance to sleep in but when she does, she takes FULL advantage. I think it was almost 10am before she got up. Crazy. I could never sleep in that late. Once she was finally up, we continued to work on our Playmobil organization (reality is we were just creating one huge mess).
Once Clark got back, I headed to the gym for a one hour bike ride. I watched the rest of Limitless and started some crazy movie called Precious. That afternoon I had to drive to Carmel for an appointment. I make that sounds like something important right? Not really. Just another one of those torture appointments that Stephanie roped me into buying (laser hair removal). Most painful 10 minutes of my day for sure! I picked up the triplets on the way home. While I was gone, Clark did some yard work while the big kids played outside.
That evening Clark and I took the kids to the depot and went on a date to Rick's Boatyard. Probably our favorite restaurant around here. I am still shocked at how much food we ate. We had an appetizer and wine (Clark had beer). Then bread. Then the meal. Then dessert. It was a lot of food but it was very good. It was the perfect night to sit outside and just talk. What did we talk about?? One guess? Running!! He was giving me all this advice on what I need to do during my marathon. What pace group to start with. How I should not even consider wearing my fuel belt and just rely on drinks that are provided b/c it will slow me down. What to fuel with. How I need to be figuring this all out now. What miles I will drink. What I will eat the night before and morning of, etc etc etc. We talked about how he is going to run with me from mile 14 to 24 if he can find me. I keep having to remind him of my goals....to finish. He is starting to stress me out a bit.
The rest of the evening was spent taking care of kids, reading a little more of my book and going to bed.
Not a very exciting day for the kids but we made up for that today (which I will blog about tomorrow if I have any energy left after work...which is unlikely). Totally depressed about the next 3 days of work...........
No comments:
Post a Comment