Friday, May 4, 2012

Pre Mini Jitters

Actually I don't have any pre mini jitters this year, but I needed a title and I keep feeling like I should be nervous so there you have it. I will say after reading my blog from last year I have at least gotten myself a little excited and more into race mode. No worries.... I loves races and by later tonight I will be one big bundle of excitement! I can't wait to hear how all my friends do! I spent the morning with Jaime and we had a great time going to the expo and picking up our packets. We didn't spend a lot of time at the expo b/c we wanted to make it back in time to have lunch at Paradise Cafe before she had to go to work for the afternoon. Clark should be so proud b/c I didn't spend any money at all at the expo. Jaime bought headphones. That made up for the 430.00 I spent yesterday at Dicks:)

So, I believe this is Jaime's year for a really good mini time. She might not believe it herself, but I KNOW she can do it. I personally think she psychs herself out at the actual races and this is the year to break that cycle. She wants a 1:49. I think she will surprise herself and do even better than that. If she doesn't then it will be b/c of weather or her mind playing tricks on her b/c she can do that during training runs. No matter what, she better talk to me after this race. No 3 day silent treatment again.....I know you are reading this....I LOVE YOU JAIME!! No matter where I am on the course tomorrow, in my mind I am going to be screaming at you to keep running! Sending fast running thoughts to all my friends. You might think I am kidding about this but last week when Keith was running his marathon, my kids thought I was crazy when I would just suddenly scream out loud for him to "keep going, RUN, don't slow down, you can do this." When Clark runs a race...same thing. I seriously think I get as nervous for my friends/husband's races as my own. What did my Myers Briggs test say.... I am the perfect harmonizer. I want everyone to be happy!!!  Clark is rolling his eyes right now:)

Speaking of happy, this morning I thought Clark and I were seriously going to have WWIII. We realized there were only 2 mobic left. I threatened his life b/c I needed one today and I need one before the run tomorrow. He was pissed to say the least. He was going on and on about how bad his foot hurts and how he just needs one and how I shouldn't be taking one on race day anyhow. Umm...never before have you cared about my kidneys, so no need to start now. He lost that battle. I was not giving them up BUT I did pick up the phone and call in another script that he went and picked up. WWIII averted and everyone happy!

Here is where I would have had a picture of Jaime and I at the expo but my stupid computer is not working at the moment.

My plan for tomorrow is to run how I feel. Who knows what that means. I have no set time goal. No pace bracelet. Of course there is no way I am going without my garmin even if Clark thinks I look at it too much. I am still deciding between 2 different running outfits. Whichever I don't pick will become my marathon choice. Both have purple in it somewhere (my favorite color next to black). I will either wear no belt or just my little one with a gel and honey stingers. No drink holders for me. I will listen to music and make sure this year I can actually hear it. Not sure yet what time we will leave in the morning but knowing me it will be way earlier than Clark would like. We will be starting in corral C. Hopefully a huge improvement from corral E last year.

Tonight I have Bible study. We are one of the dinner couples so we will bring Olive Garden b/c I want carbs (and have no plans of cooking them myself). I will have to limit the desserts if I don't want to puke during the race. Actually I will have to limit everything a little. I out eat EVERYONE at Bible study every week. Usually that is because I would have just done a long run on Thursday meaning I am seriously starving on Fridays. I don't have that excuse tonight.

I just dropped the kids off with my sister who has so graciously agreed to watch them until I come pick them up on Sunday. The original plan was that she was watching them only until right after the race when I was going to get them. Then I got invited to a post mini party tomorrow night and since Clark is going to be flying out to California right after the race I figured...why not just let her keep them:) Actually I just offered up money and she accepted. Her weekend now sounds much busier than mine having to tend to 7 kids. Since she was taking my 5 kids we just switched cars. I now realize I am not the only one in the family with a death trap car. She felt it was important to tell me that I should be happy b/c until yesterday the A/C was out and that the right turn signal did not work. What I realized on my drive home was that it should have been more pressing to let me know that unless you use every bit of strength you have in your legs the breaks SUCK!! Wow... I really have to drive this car all the way to Noblesville on Sunday. Yikes! Could be my very last race ever tomorrow....

I think that is enough rambling for now. Until tomorrow..............

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE RACING THIS WEEKEND. I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT YOUR AWESOME RUNS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment