Anyhow, I was sort of dreading even this preschool graduation. Clark was not going b/c he had to network with the work folks by going to the Pacer game instead. Considering this was just preschool, I didn't care. I will say I was pleasantly surprised. I REALLY enjoyed their program and watching my trio sing and dance to all the songs. They basically had this international program and you were supposed to dress the part of where you were from (I guess they picked this b/c we have such a diverse group of kids there). Those of us from here could be anything from sports players to cowboys, army people, etc. I had no clue and really hate this sort of thing, so we just went the sports theme. Problem was that my kids are just about to start sports but are not doing any. Luckily my neighbor Julie came to my rescue. Her daughter had some baseball pants and I had Nick's old shirt. Landon was a baseball player. We also borrowed Anna's old basketball outfit and this is what Adam wore. Ryan of course was a hockey player. I had that covered except for the socks part. The kids enjoyed this dress up stuff but from a parent and picture standpoint, I would have much rather dressed them in cute clothes. As a result I really didn't care too much about pictures. Poor Ryan looked ginormous in his cap and gown with his hockey gear under it. Oh well. If I want good cap and gown photos to scrapbook later we will stage our own photo shoot at home:)
We had to sit far back so I really only got a good look at Adam. Especially b/c other parents in front of us insisted on holding their phone up high so they could record the entire thing without any care that it was preventing me from seeing my own kids. RUDE!!
You can see Landon!
Landon getting his diploma from Ms. D
Adam
Ryan getting his diploma from Ms. Lois
Ryan
Nobody in the mood at the end for a picture.
After the program there was a small reception with cookies and drinks. Landon managed to spill his drink all over the floor twice. Then, I took all the kids to Orange Leaf. That was quite the challenge by myself. During this time Adam threw a rock at someone else's van. I was slightly stressed by time I got back home.
Proud of my boys and looking forward to KG next year. Also proud of my big kids for once again getting all A's on their report cards.
No comments:
Post a Comment