After this race there really is nothing until fall. I am already signed up to do the Indianapolis Women's Half marathon (which as stated by the title it NOT open to men) in September. I signed up early and it only cost me 25.00. What a steal! I won a bet over this race and am just waiting to collect. The question was whether or not men could do this race. The answer is NO!
Following that I will probably do the Columbus marathon in October. It is not exactly the most flat course but from all the reviews I read, it sounds really fun with great fan support. Even more importantly, it falls on a weekend when I am not on call. Really hoping that the weather is much cooler for this race. I would have much rather done the Chicago marathon with Jaime but I didn't know she was doing it and it sold out a long time ago.
In November I will do Monumental half marathon with Kimberlee. This will be her come back run (after having a baby) and something I want to be a part of which is why I don't have plans at this point to do the Monumental full marathon. I will maybe save that for next year.
Finally I am trying to decide if I want to sign up for the Disney Goofy in January. I know I want to and before Cleveland I would have said for sure. My less than stellar performance at Cleveland however made me doubt my ability to do a 1/2 marathon followed by a full the following day. Still it is the 20th year for the Disney full and therefore means a special medal. Also Clark would do it with me and we would totally be running/walking for fun and taking character pictures along the way. I will say it is in the "most likely will do category." It is very expensive (360.00 each) and so it could be costly if one of us had an injury, etc.
All that sounds like a lot, but my plan (in a perfect world) would be just to keep running and always be trained up enough to just jump in a run a 1/2 marathon if wanted. I know the reality is my life is about to become busier than I could ever even possibly imagine, so I will need to be flexible. Clark also has plans of his own. First he wants to get in some serious hockey time b/c he is going to that father son hockey camp in Canada with Nicholas in July. Then he also needs to start seriously training on the bike b/c he has his buddies are hooking up in Colorado for another 100 mile bike race in August. Then if I do Disney, he will do that as well. Once our kids sports seasons pick up, I have a feeling all our personal goals will be put on the back burner.
Well, I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend. Happy training!
Let's try a question to see if anyone will answer. Are you a medal person or not? I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE the medal and expect that if I am going to pay for a race I have something to show for it at the end. I hate when races have the same medal year after year b/c I want something new hanging on my wall.





I like the medals as it is "proof" I finished. Then they are cool to hang on the wall. I am excited as I just got my new medal wall display rack that Alan is going to hang on the wall today. I love my Disney Princess medal, and I think the Women's Half medal from last year looked pretty neat too.
ReplyDeleteThat's Cathy not Carhy...
DeleteI thought you were talking about the women's half marathon- not Indianapolis specific!!!
ReplyDeleteLikely story.......
DeleteScore Christy 1 Keith 0