Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Update

My computer is broken so since I am writing this on iPad, I will make it brief. Thought I would give a quick update on my marathon training. Actually any sort of training has come to a screeching halt thanks to what I keep calling right femur pain. I think it is fair to say I have been an emotional wreck the last couple of days. That is what happens every time I can't run. Having my husband in California has not helped. Clark however even from his conference is trying to help. I had called my sports medicine doctor's office on Monday but was not very effective in getting an appointment. I think I just confused the people I was speaking with so not their fault. It took a lot to get me to make that call so on Tuesday Clark got a pleading "please help me I can't stop crying" text. He called and got me an appointment!! I saw the doctor this morning and he did agree that what I was saying sounds more like a bone issue as opposed to muscle. Basically it is just like before when I can't put all my load on right leg but can jump up and down fine if on both feet ( maybe I can just bunny hop for 26.2 miles). We took what felt like a ton of Xrays. I looked at them with the doctor and they looked perfectly NORMAL. I am happy about that small victory. Of course I have had 2 stress fractures before and never had an abnormal xray but still I am thrilled bc if it there was a bad stress fracture it would have shown up. Since my marathon is in 12 days I am too far past the "let's give this some time and if no better then figure out why. I am now scheduled for a bone scan in the morning to look for stress fracture. If normal then awesome....we assume more muscle and do another steroid dose pack. If abnormal then I opt not to do the steroid dose pack for fear of making things worse and just cross train or rest the next 11 days and then pray I can still run/walk/crawl/hop for 26.2 miles. That is my update! Today much more optimistic!! I just need my legs to give me 12 days! That's it! Twelve days and I will rest! I have worked hard for 4 months all for ONE goal. I NEED 12 more days!!!!!!!! I really can not fail at this AGAIN. I am sooooo close this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment