Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Letter From Alexis

So last night I was not very good at hiding my disappointment in another failed running attempt. When Alexis came to my bed to kiss me good-night she found me sobbing like a baby. She wrapped her arms around me told me she loved  me and good-night. As she walked out she said, "that is tragic." That made me smile b/c it just seemed weird coming from her little mouth. Not that I really want my daughter thinking my leg pain is all that tragic in the grand scheme of life but right now to me...I agree on a very small scale. So when I got up this morning this letter from Alexis was sitting on top of my phone wrapped in a heart paper covering.

The top of the paper has a picture of hearts and a girl (with a ponytail running). Here is what my daughter had to say.... written exactly how she wrote it (she gets her bad spelling from me:)

Dear Mom,
          
           I know it's pritty hard that you can't do your sport when you are about to do whatever the big thing is. But I think you should still do it. I feel very sad for you and I would love to see you in that marithon. You have been waiting for this. So don't get your hopes down. If I lost my dream like if I broke my leg in gymnastics I would compet in the things I can do-like bars. Except on bars I can't do my squote (should be squat) on if I broke my leg. So what I am meaning is that you should still do the marithon anyway your leg hearts. I really think and believe you can do it. Well I love U.

                                                                                                Love,
                                                                                                  Alexis
P.S. The sport that I am talking about is running.

That daughter of mine has such a big heart. I am glad she believes in me but I struggling to believe in myself. I do believe that my heart really wants to do it but I don't think I can tolerate so much pain for so long. Sigh....Well, time to get ready to start my office day. I hope everyone has a happy day! K-Love did wonders for lifting my spirits. Praising the Lord for all the things I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment