Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wasting Time

So I am sitting here at work and I have a little time to spare before my afternoon starts. This time could be much better spent reading a journal or studying the Bible, but no instead I am going to sit here eat the sucker I stole out of the sucker bowl and write down random useless thougths. Have you noticed that any time I am injured I blog nearly daily. I guess I just need to get my thoughts out. I don't even know who is even reading this anymore. I really think unless it is a post I put on facebook maybe the only person who sees it is Cathy. If so....hey Cathy...how's life? Sorry I suck as a friend lately. Miss you. You will be happy to know I am still going to Disney so we will at least get to hang out there!

Not really a lot else going on considering I just blogged yesterday. I do feel like I haven't have good sleep in ages. Either Clark or I have been on call the last 8 days. Tonight will be the last of that stretch. He has had the majority of the call (6 days vs my 2 days) but I wake up with all his pages. Much like the night before last he got to spend the majority of his night in the hospital. He came home at 3am and then by time he got ready for bed making all kinds of noise in the bedroom/bathroom it was 3:30am. Then his pager went off at 3:40am. My alarm was set to go off at 4:30. I am pretty sure I said something to the effect of, "you are KILLIN me." I never could go back to sleep. I made sure to make lots of noise getting ready as payback, but from the sounds of his snoring, he didn't notice. IMO...if you are coming to bed after midnight just sleep on the couch so as to not disrupt my sleep! I had coffee at the hospital so I haven't hit the wall yet.

Work has been okay. Crazy week with all things electric not working but we are getting by! Since I don't normally work Thursday and Friday, I am a little off. Dr. Rob decided that we should buy breakfast for everyone this morning. Not sure if we were celebrating the fact that the phones were not working or what?? That would make my 3rd breakfast of the day b/c I always eat oatmeal at home. Then I had a half of a donut in the hospital doctor's lounge. I tried to only eat 1/4 of it but I knew I was going to reach back in for the other 1/2 of the 1/2.  I just had to go back to the hospital and round a second time. That is the bummer about my decision to round in the morning before we open. If anyone is born after I leave the hospital and before noon I have to go back b/c my partners don't round until lunchtime. For 4 years Dr. Rob has tried to get me to change my ways. I considered not going in this morning and just rounding at lunch. Considering I had to go back I wish I would have. I knew I was going to get a huge, "I told you so" from Rob. I did!! I could hear him still saying it as I was walking out the door. Every time I round at lunch though I confirm why I like to round in the morning. There were at least 20 family members in the room at lunch. It was crazy. Anyhow, I love the babies and it was actually my own patient, so that made the fact that I had to go back worth it!

I called Clark on my drive. He seems to be in a sour mood today. I think he is tired. He had to take vacation days b/c I had to work these days. Seems so wrong and even he is frustrated by how boring the kids fall break is b/c we aren't really doing anything with them. He has a lot of running around to do with them. Nick has eye doctor appt. His coach wants his eyes checked b/c he thinks he can't see the puck. I don't think that is the problem but we have easy access to an eye doctor (Steph...one of my best friends) so fine he can get checked out. Then he has to get some parts for the microwave which is piece by piece falling apart (the handle is gone and the vent part completely fell off and smashed on the floor). Still Clark insists on replacing parts whereas I would be fine with just buying a new one. Then he has to get Alexis to gymnastics. Pick up Mathew (Nick's teammate) and get the boys to hockey. Finally he has a parent hockey meeting. Then he can figure out how to pick up Alexis in Zionsville at 8pm and pick up Nick in Fishers at 8pm. See that is my usual Thursday evening. Have fun..... Just kidding! I will likely go pick up Alexis after work but I don't have that luxury of having his help when he works.

We are having a very hard time figuring out how to make travel hockey work. There are all these weekends in Nov where Nick has tournaments in like Michigan or other far away places, and we have NO clue how he is getting there. Clark is on call both weekends that are away and the triplets have hockey here and Alexis has gymnastics's meets. I just look at Clark thinking...this hockey thing is your fault. Figure it out! I don't think anyone is going to volunteer to drive our son 5 hours to Michigan on Thanksgiving weekend. It is stupid IMO that we have a tournament that weekend in the first place. The fact that one of us is on call 3 weekends in Nov does not help! Oh our life is so fun!

If I ever owed my own practice we would work thru lunch and leave early. This wasting time is killing me. I still have 50 minutes and I am simply out of things to talk about. Facebook is boring today. If I have to see one more post from my democratic friends, I might scream. I would never ever ever ever vote for our current president no matter what you post!!! Well, I am now bored typing so I will go find something to read. I think I started reading a peds in review about chronic diarrhea in kids. It just doesn't get more interesting than that:)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment