Sunday, October 28, 2012

Yay Colts

I could not come up with a title and considering the Colts had a nice win today, I just went with that. This weekend is thankfully almost over. I am not a fan of call weekends! It has not been horrible by any means, so I won't complain. I did see 19 patients during our 2 hours of Saturday walk-ins. That seemed busy but otherwise babyland and calls have been okay.

As soon as I figure out how to steal my sister's pictures off facebook, I will post a few pictures of Nick and Alexis from their trip to Great Wolf Lodge. Sounds like they had an awesome time. Alexis basically plays with her cousin Caleb and Nick plays with his cousin Cody. The 4 of them really do get along great. Friday night we hosted small group again. Basically you always do 2 weeks in a row. I was having my first ever back spasm that I blame entirely on the fact that I cleaned the kitchen floor on my hands and knees. I had to turn like a statue to talk to anyone. It was sort of miserable. I was back to normal by the next day..thankfully! I am enjoying our current small group study. Jenny's husband, Matt, is leading it this time. We are doing a study called How People Change (How Christ Changes Us By His Grace). It is really good so far.

Also on Friday, I saw Shane again. More tools and stretching. I got the feeling he thinks I am a little crazy for attempting the full next weekend. He asked me a least a couple times, "you sure you don't want to just do the half" and "are you SURE you don't at least want to attempt running before the race?" I said no to both! I am way nervous to run so I figure a 26 mile attempt should be my come back run! I am gonna suck.  If it is going horrible, I will turn off with the half but it would have to be going really bad for me to do that. I think I would rather walk/run the second half.

Saturday was busy for me from work standpoint and for Clark from kid standpoint. He had to pick up big kids in Noblesville. Get Alexis to her practice in Zionsville. Get the trio to their practice in Carmel. Go back and get Alexis. Come home and get the boys in costumes and to a BD party for their friend in Brownsburg. Then he had turn around and get Nick back to Fishers for his practice. I was in charge of picking up the trio after I worked. All we do is drive, drive and then drive some more. Saturday night was low key. I think we just hung around talking about how tired we were.

Today we had to get the kids up at 4am so that Clark could take them all to Ohio for Nick's hockey games. I was off the hook because I had to go to work and round. I was not off the hook from getting up at 4am and getting them ready. I tried to pretend I was asleep when Clark got up to get in shower hoping he would do everything but of course he said, "Christy you need to get up and get the kids ready." Darn my play dead act did not work. Nick was goalie for the first game and Evan was goalie for the second. Finally the team won two games. I think these might be the first games we have won. I got several text updates from Clark during the games. I rounded at the hospital and then headed to the YMCA. I was really dreading this cross training work out, but I got it done with just a few interruptions from patients. I did a total of 3 hours. Started with 1 hour on the bike. Then 1 hour on elliptical. Finally another hour on the bike. My butt was numb at the end and I was as wet as if I jumped in a pool. I still wear a big sweatshirt and shirt under to sweat a lot. I was gross. My weight went down about 5-6lbs in sweat. Don't worry once I rehydrate and eat it comes right back. Clark and I got home around the same time. Just in time to watch the 4th quarter of the game and OT. Clark took a brief nap on the couch and now has headed up to Carmel for his hockey game. I need to get the kids geared up for school tomorrow. They have been off for 2 weeks so we are a little off the school night routine.

So that is pretty much my weekend recap. Not much else to talk about. Tomorrow is Nick's birthday! You can read my story of how he came to be from my post 10/29/10. I won't retype the entire story. When I looked back to make sure that post was still there I realized just how many posts I deleted back in Jan. I guess that post is now my first post. I didn't even leave all my leg surgery drama ones on the blog...weird!!  I guess I got a little delete happy. So unlike me! Thankfully I have it all in blog to book form!

Hope everyone has a great week. With the upcoming election I am praying a lot for our Nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment