Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas #1 with Dad and Kaye

We had our first family get together for Christmas. This one was with my dad and Kaye. I have always called my dad, "my real dad." Not sure why b/c Dave is not my "fake" step dad, but I do. This year it really confused the triplets and they just kept asking who their "real dad" was.  It was a hard concept that they only have one "real" dad but their mom has 2 dads. I will try and keep this brief and mostly just pictures. We had a nice time. Clark sadly missed out b/c he was at work. The kids really enjoyed it. Sometime it would be nice to go out with my dad and Kaye without the kids so there is actually time to talk. With all the chaos surrounding us we only got in bits of conversation here and there.

Here are a couple pictures taken by the kids before my dad arrived. I wanted one with just Alexis and I but of course Ryan was not going to allow that. He had to be in it but refused to smile.

Alexis took this picture that would have been a great shot of me and my boys but it was blurry. I think I have finally taught Nick how to take pictures but Alexis is just learning. From a distance it is still a good shot.

Nick with his gift bag from Grandpa and Grandma Reed

The boys playing a spinning top game
Alexis got a jump rope (and other stuff). I forgot I told them to get her one. She will be getting another one on Christmas...oops
 Nick quickly put together his world puzzle. He also got an itunes gift card and a hockey facts book.
 Landon loved loved loved his Indiana Jones whip (which was really just a real whip, much nicer than the cheap Indiana Jones toy version). Adam was really jealous and insists for his birthday he better be getting one of these.
 Trying to take photos is always hard. Out of 7 I thought 3 looked good in this once. Mr. Crop is my friend.
 The best of several attempts. My kids with Grandma and Grandpa Reed
 Me, my dad and all my kids
 Me and my dad
 Me, my dad and Kaye

I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season with their loved ones. I love this time of year (even though just trying to get everything done makes me crazy).


1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures, Christy. Thanks for sharing from your heart. Merry Christmas. BTW...it never stops being crazy at Christmas time. You will cherish these pictures and blogs in 10, 15,20 yrs. Deb Potts

    ReplyDelete