Day 2 in Vegas started very early. I could not sleep despite having been up for 40 hours before going to bed. I didn't want to wake up everyone but think I did when I went downstairs for water. By time I got back everyone was stirring. I ended up meeting Ry for coffee at Starbucks. We had a nice chat and I enjoyed my favorite seasonal peppermint mocha. After this, all the girls decided to go check out many of the hotels and do a little shopping. Before we even left our hotel the studs you see in the picture below pushed us into getting this group picture. It all happened so fast, we didn't have time to say no. It was fun and the picture turned out cute, so I had to buy them for future scrapbooking material. The pictures you are seeing are obviously a picture of a picture and not the best.... mine are better. Jenny especially enjoyed the guy with a "prickly chest"...just kidding. I have to add this.... my daughter saw these pictures and asked who these weird people were. I answered that they are my friends. She said, "even the guys?" I said, "NO." She said, "did they make you touch them?" I said, "yes." She said, "Oh my. I don't like that. Don't EVER do that again." It made me smile. This photo WAS the the worst thing I did in Vegas in case anyone was thinking my husband had any right to be upset with me. I think I will frame it and put it in his office.
Here are a few pictures of us walking thru all the various hotels and shops. I wish I could recall the names of all the places we were. I simply can't right now. I think the first picture was the Forum shops. I could be making that up. It was cool how the ceiling looked like the sky.
The Christmas decorations were also fun to see. Stephanie LOVED the bears made out of flowers. So much so, I am showing you two pictures of her with the same bear:)
I didn't buy a ton while we were out shopping. I did however make my way to the WHBM store. It is my favorite normal clothes stores (as opposed to Dick's sporting goods which makes up the rest of my wardrobe). The girls at work bought me a gift card and gave it to me before I left on this trip b/c I was missing our work Christmas lunch. Not to worry, they called me during the lunch and put me on speaker phone and told me how much they loved me and were certain I was spending my days in tears missing them. They did that...... and sent me a picture of a naked barbie doll doing the splits. Those girls are crazy but a ton of fun to work with and while, NO I did not miss work, I do love them all dearly. I happily spent their gift card plus a little more. After lots of walking and shopping we finally made it back to the hotel to get cleaned up for dinner. I added this picture of Stephanie b/c I felt like we all texted sooooo much during this trip. It was the main form of communication often used when not together or when keeping in touch with LOVED ones at home.
We ate at a restaurant called Cut at the Palazzo There were only 6 of us willing to pay the price for this particular place. I will say at first dinner was a little awkward b/c Jenny, Steph and Jodi did not go. To help with my social phobia I had 3 very fast glasses of wine. It worked b/c I ended up having a nice time. I was sitting on the end and so I felt like I did a lot of nodding and smiling b/c I could not hear a word that was being said. When Keith smiles at you, you can not help but smile back. While I could not hear him I was certain whatever he was saying was entertaining. I will say that dinner was the first time I kind of missed my husband. Clark and I love to go to nice restaurants and eat good food, drink wine and talk. We always eat a ton and never pass up appetizers, dinner and dessert. Nobody from this group ordered dessert so I didn't either but it is one of my favorite parts of the meal. I did have a great steak however. It was probably a little odd that we were eating steak the night before a race but I was just thrilled to be going out to at least one nice restaurant so I was willing to pay for any GI related race consequences later.
After dinner we took a quick picture outside the restaurant. Left to right you have Keith, me, Ry, Becky, Shane, Jayda
Keith and Ry
The rest of the crew had a great night as well but since I wasn't there I can't talk about it. Feel free to write about it in the comments:)
No comments:
Post a Comment