Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Oh my....it is already 9:45pm and I am far from being done getting things ready for tomorrow. That is why I am allowing myself no more than 10 minutes to write this post. I really thought I was doing good on time but once again I am going to get no more than a couple hours of sleep until the fun begins. Procrastination I guess. I even started this day very early around 6:20am when I got up to work on the wrapping. Nick of course was already up sitting in the hallway playing his iPod. He gets his early birdness from me:) He also gets his late owlness from his dad. Basically the kid does not require much sleep. I think where I lost a lot of time today was when I had to make a trip to Walmart. That place was a zoo. It took forever. We went to the first church service available at 3:30. It was fine but it is always hard when there is no childcare and the kids have to come to the service with you. Thankfully this only happens on Christmas. I was totally annoyed when this couple already sitting in our row got up and moved once my family of 7 sat down. I thought it was sooooo rude!!!! My kids weren't even acting that bad. Ryan basically laid across my legs and fell asleep for the majority of the sermon. He was kind of snoring so I kept trying to move his head to make him stop. Adam laid across Clark and Alexis seemed to be taking care of Landon. Hey from my standpoint we got thru it without tears and screaming, so I thought they were great. Once home we fixed a quick dinner. Clark made another trip to the store and then it was time for cookies. The kids enjoyed this and I am now thinking I should not have eaten so many during the making process b/c we also have to eat the Santa ones. Finally it was time for the kids to go to bed. They were crazy hyper and I was getting really frustrated. I still don't think they are asleep so I can't really start bringing gifts down. I think I am almost done with the wrapping, but I have not started putting name tags and bows on presents. I will do that as I bring them down and put them out. Clark is off for his Christmas Eve trip to my mom's. At least this time he does not have to get everything since I did the wrapping here. The main thing he is going for is the balance beam. I hope he manages to get it home b/c it is 12ft long. We then still have to figure a way to get it to the basement and put it together. Once he gets home we will finish up things while watching a movie. We are going to watch Friends With Benefits. Can you tell who picked the movie (RedBox at Walmart)? Okay my 10 minutes is up. Clark is on call tomorrow so the plan is he will go in really early and we will wait to come downstairs until he gets home. Problem is his definition of early and my definition of early do not exactly match. If all else fails, he will round afterwards. Luckily we won't be doing Christmas at my mom's until 26th and he will no longer be on call then:)

Clark and kids starting the cookies


Clark puts on World's Best Dad Apron (I don't own an apron....no need for one...I don't cook:)

Alexis always takes a pictures with this Santa

Ryan
The kids really do normally wear shirts but I didn't want them to get sweaters dirty
 Adam
 I did one!
 Beautiful
Here is Santa's plate of cookies to eat later
 Nick and Alexis
 Missing Ryan.......he wanted no part of my pictures................
 Me and my big kids

I hope everyone has the best Christmas ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment