Today was a gorgeous day. 54 degrees in January. It just doesn't get any better than that. I totally took advantage of this day and did my weekly long run outside. It felt great. Little windy but no complaints as I was totally comfortable in shorts and tee shirt. No gloves...no hat.......awesome. I found a new loop that I think I like. It really is just a modification of my previous one mile loop. Still has most of that loop but extended it so now the entire loop is around 1.8 miles. I especially love that I get to run past the street sign that says Road Runner Dr. twice each go round. Somehow that served as great motivation. I just kept thinking....."yeah...I am a road runner." I ran 8 miles today. I have started my training for the marathon and modified the days so that Friday is my long run. For me it works b/c the kids are in school and I don't work on Fridays. Trying to rely on the weekend when kids are home and crazy busy with their sports and the fact that I have so many call weekends was just not going to work out. I basically am just shifting the Hal Higdon Novice 2 marathon training such that long runs are on Friday.
I thought the run today went well. I ran faster than I would have liked. That is my biggest downfall to running outside. I suck at pacing myself and then I end up injured. I certainly didn't go really fast and am still much slower than I used to be but for now that is what I need to stay injury free. My legs felt good really the entire time. My average pace was 8:12.
Here was the breakdown from Mr. Garmin
Mile 1 8:24
Mile 2 8:17
Mile 3 8:17
Mile 4 8:06
Mile 5 8:15
Mile 6 8:08
Mile 7 8:13
Mile 8 7:59
I felt really happy after this run. Now.........I am starting to get just a little (tiny tiny bit) concerned about another pain. You remember when I mentioned that I sat that the computer for 8 hours straight trying to complete CME on New Year's Eve. Remember me mentioning that after that I had the worst back pain ever. Well, since then, the 2 times I have run my left lower back has been bothering me. On Wed when I ran 5 miles, I would say I just noticed it. Today during the run not so bad but now that the run is over......my left lower back (really in just one spot the size of half my palm) hurts. Trying not to freak. Probably just muscle stuff from sitting too long and lifting a lot of things during the Christmas season. It is there though. I keep willing it to go away but with every step........it is still there! I just wrote my running goals yesterday so not really needing this already. Never had back pain before in relation to running. Hope it goes away!
I hope that everyone has enjoyed this beautiful weather in one form or another. Have a great weekend. I must go get ready for group Bible study!
No comments:
Post a Comment