Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Nice Surprise

It often really is the little things in life that make a HUGE difference. Today was another ordinary day in the life of Christy.  Things were going fine and then boom....drama at gymnastics. Seriously I am like a magnet. Even Jaime made the comment tonight about how drama really does loves me. This time I was only drama mostly from the sidelines. I want NO part of it.....but all hell is breaking lose at the girl's gym. It is sort of a war between the parents and the coaches. I got to witness an uncomfortable confrontation while waiting for my daughter. I agree things need to improve at the gym and normally I would be all for speaking up or joining in but not this time. Can't do it. Out of energy for any sort of drama. Instead I am just going to be happy that we asked for more hours for the girls and in the course of a day Alexis went from having practice 7.5 hours per week to 12 hours per week. Now the anxiety can start on how exactly I am going to make this work in our already too busy life.  Anyhow....I am getting to my surprise soon I promise. I was driving home from gymnastics thinking I really just wanted to crawl in a cave and never come out. Gotta admit that is just how I am feeling lately. Then I get home and waiting on the counter was a piece of mail that just meant the world to me.



The card itself was very funny. Right up my ally with humor!!! Still it was the written words that nearly moved me to tears (except I currently think my tank is dry and instead just warmed my soul).

Here is what I read:

"Christy,
I know these past couple of weeks have been beyond rough for you. I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you, especially since when the going was rough- you survived! And some days-surviving is enough. Your sense of humor, passion for life and boundless energy are real gifts to all of us. Thanks for letting us share in your journey!"  J+M

I can't even begin to tell you now much this simple act of kindness meant to me. Sent at just the right moment. I loved this card. I love the person who sent it even more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment