I think I make 2012 a year of running with friends. Last year was a recovery year from surgery and a PR year for mini. What I discovered last year however was that the races that I loved the most were those I ran with friends. With that in mind this year I plan to do a lot of races but many just for fun. Aside from having lots of running fun, my main goal for 2012 is to do a full marathon. That is probably goal number 1. Of course I say all I want to do is finish and that is true, I really for many personal reasons just need to complete a full marathon, but I would be lying if I didn't say I would like to complete one in under 4 hours. At some point during the year (probably the second half of the year since I am going for goal number one in the first half) I would like to PR a mini. If it happens great. If not, but I completed a full, I will be satisfied and it will be more of a priority for 2013. There are several friends I want to run a race with (meaning stay with the entire run). To name a few: Stephanie, Cathy, Jaime, and Kimberlee, Clark. I have to pick my races based on non call weekends. Surprisingly and happily things for this year call wise worked in my favor as far as Indiana races are concerned.
Here is my plan (all of course dependent on having an injury free year):
February: I actually am signed up to do the Disney Princess with Cathy in Feb. We (okay I should say I) decided many months ago that I was not going to do this one b/c of the cost of the weekend, etc. Basically once I decided to go to Vegas I threw this out b/c it was not yet booked (race paid for but not flights, etc). So as it stands we are NOT going. Having said that........if Cathy wanted to make a last minute change of plans and go......I would be IN! She will be there this weekend b/c her husband, Alan, is doing the Goofy (1/2 marathon one day, followed by full marathon the next day). I am hoping it changes her mind:)
April 21st: I want to do the Carmel 1/2 marathon. I am really hoping that Stephanie will do this one with me. For me, it will be a run for fun in the middle of my marathon training. I have never done this one
May 5th: This is the Indianapolis mini marathon. This was where I got a PR in 2011. I am planning on running it with Clark. At first my goal was to go for a PR in this race. Now I will likely make this a run for fun b/c it is 2 weeks before my full marathon. Clark would probably be bored to tears running at my PR pace so not sure if this will change his desire to run with me or not.
May 20th: This is the Cleveland full marathon that I am running with Nate.. Nate will likely kick my butt but I will be there running the same race. I am super excited about this race and love that I have a friend doing it as well. This is my NUMBER ONE (running) GOAL of 2012!!!
June 16th: Hendrick's Park to Park Relay. This is a race where you get 6 people each running 3 legs of the race. Clark did this last year and had a great time!! I really hope Jaime is still willing to do this with me. Not sure who will make up the rest of our team but we have some time to figure this out. If Clark is not doing a Hendrick's team this year it would be lots of fun to have him and Jaime's husband Ryan on our team and do a girl/guy team.
August 11th: Warrior Dash with Clark. I think we are going to try and get our Bible Study group to do this::)) So much fun!!!
September 1st: The Indianapolis Women's 1/2 marathon. If this race is not done with Stephanie and maybe Cathy, I will likely make this my PR goal race. If Stephanie wants to run this one as well then I WILL run with her.
October: I will likely either do the Run Greater Indianapolis 1/2 sponsored by Clark's hospital (Hendricks) or do Community Health Network 1/2 (which is my rounding hospital). If I do not do Women's in September as a PR goal b/c I am running with Stephanie and/or Cathy then which ever race I do in October will be run alone or with Clark for a PR goal of less than 1:45. Haven't mentioned any of this to Clark but he will go with whatever and could run that in his sleep.
November 3rd: Monumental 1/2 marathon. I think Berlee (aka Kimberlee) will be back in running condition by this point and I would love to run a race with her again.
So here it is folks. That is a huge running goal year but most just for fun and almost ALL with friends.
If anyone is planning a destination race weekend I will try and add that in as well.
Comment back on what your running goals are for the year!!!!
Kimberlee and me and Warrior Dash 2011
Stephanie and I at Vegas half.
Happy running to all!!!
Running goals for 2012, hmmm...let me think...I am going to run the Illinois Marathon - hopefully to qualify for Boston. Then, if everything goes well, will attempt to do the Indy mini for a sub 1:30. Next comes the Park2Park, but will attempt the ultramarathon distance (crazy, I know). Next would be the monumental marathon and hopefully one more mini marathon to finish out the year - that is, as long as I can stay healthy!!!
ReplyDeleteKeith...loved reading your goals. Yes you are a little crazy with your ultramarathon but hey aren't all us runners a little crazy? Let me make a marathon and who knows what kind of insane goals I will have after that. Here's to us both staying healthy this year:)
ReplyDelete