I probably have a post like this at least once a month. This is my 'I have too much to do and therefore am feeling very stressed' post. Christmas is over...isn't life supposed to slow down? Nope... not for a second. Winter is generally crazy b/c it is hockey and gymnastics meet season. Throw in 4 Q3 winter call weekends in a row and I almost shut down. Didn't I sign up for a Q4 weekend job?? This weekend alone I feel like it is taking a small village to care for my kids. Clark is on call, so he is out as far as any reliable help. Friday night I am supposed to be in 4 places at once. Alexis has a gymnastics meet that requires her being at the convention center at 3pm. Nick gets off bus at 4pm. Triplets have to be picked up from school after 3:30 but before 6 pm and then there is Bible study at 6:30. Saturday Nick has game at Pepsi, Alexis has gymnastics in Zionsville and then BD party at night in Westfield. Sunday...Alexis needs picked up from Westfield and Nick has games in South Bend. I am the type of person that after a call weekend needs some down time at home. I hate all the go go go!!
So rather than complain this entire post I am just giving a HUGE shout out to all the people that will make this weekend possible. I have AMAZING friends! Friday, I will get Alexis from school and drive her to Zionsville to drop her off with Caroline. Caroline's mom will get her to the meet. I think sadly I am going to miss this meet. Jaime (Kaitlyn's mom and one of my very best friends) will take Alexis home to her house after the meet where Alexis will stay until Sunday morning (b/c it is Kaitlyn who has the birthday sleepover on Saturday night). I will be home for Nick when he gets off the bus and we will go pick up triplets. I will then use the depot for my 4 remaining kids so that I can go to Bible study where we are starting a new parenting study. Clark will make it if not still at hospital. Jaime will get Alexis and Kaitlyn to gymnastics on Saturday. I will get Nick to hockey game (dragging all the little ones with me). Sunday, I will get Alexis (still dragging all the little ones) and my parents will spend their entire day getting Nick to South Bend for 2 spaced out hockey games.
Check...one Jan weekend figured out. Up next the following weekend where Clark is gone in Chicago all weekend with Nick for a tournament thru Monday. I could not go b/c I work on that Monday. Problem is...I have ALL remaining 4 kids and well.....I work on Monday (at least Alexis has no school, not sure about triplets on Martin Luther Day) and no clue what is happening with that. Will likely be hitting up my sister for some paid help.
This is our every night and every weekend! Nothing can just ever be easy around here.
I am trying to figure out my idea race schedule for the year. I am also trying to figure out my marathon training plan. I think my next post will be all about those plans. You might be thinking that I should give all that up with as busy as we are.....ABSOLUTELY not......running is my number one form of sanity! It is my "me" time that I love the most. I would rather give up sleep and train at 4-5am than not do it at all.
Well, I need to finish getting big kids off to school........
No comments:
Post a Comment