Friday, January 20, 2012

Week 1 Long Run

Marathon training week one long run done!!!! Given the snow outside I ran on the T-mill. My home treadmill and I are starting to warm up to each other. We have an understanding that I will treat it with respect (and remember to turn it off and occasionally clean off my sweat) and in turn it will keep my body unbroken and pain free. Today I ran 8 miles. It was a slow 8 miles at 8:57 per mile until the last mile which I as usual increased the speed multiple times. It seems somewhat frustrating that when I looked back through my Duck Tape and Chicken Wire blog (that is now in a hardback book that I love), I used to be much faster. I would never have had an 8 mile run with an average even over 8 min per mile. I was always in the 7's. Trying hard to remember that my goal is NOT speed. My goal is to get me to the marathon in one piece and then just finish. No matter how slow I have to go if I cross the finish line I am a marathoner. That is all I want this first go round. Will think about speed if still in one piece the second half of the year.

Alright my computer time is up for the day. Must get a move on the house cleaning. We have one incredibly busy weekend ahead. I am on call and tonight we host Bible Study here. Tomorrow I work while Clark takes all kids to 7am hockey game. Alexis has gymnastics at 12-2:30 during which time Clark is taking all the boys ice skating. Then we have to get the kids to my sister's for the night as we have the murder mystery dinner. Sunday I round. Nick has 2 hockey games and then we are finally having Alexis' family birthday party (her B.D. was Dec 30th).....just a little late. I can't wait to give her the new American girl doll....she is a gymnast!! 

Hope everyone has a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment