Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happily Spoke Too Soon

I think (crossing my fingers) that my back may be on the mend. I may not need Shane just yet after all. My back feels a lot better today. My entire upper back is sore from leaning forward all weekend but that I know is just good old muscle soreness, and I can deal with that. I have done NOTHING in the way of working out this weekend. I probably should have done something today.  I really was planning on getting reacquainted with my elliptical that sits in the basement gathering dust....but I think I will rest today as well just to ensure that my back is better. I will probably ice one more time for good measure! If today had been a scheduled run day, I probably would have done it but I find so many excuses to skip out on cross training days. Must get better about this!!!! I still technically have one more week before my 18 week marathon training starts. I think I will start it this week and then have one week to do what I want.

So what else do I talk about??? How about I just give a family recap and call it a day:) Let's start with Thursday. Thursday was date night. Remember my goal of 2X per month. We are golden this month b/c well, we had one on Thursday and in two weeks we are going to a murder mystery dinner with friends. I will be blogging all about that later. Thursday, Clark and I went and saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It was an intense but good movie. Both Clark and I enjoyed it. We came home and he fixed a steak dinner at 9:30pm. Then we hung out watching tv. All in all....it was a great date night. I am probalby one of the biggest fans of date night. My kids know that mom and dad need to have date nights WITHOUT kids so that we actually want to stay together forever. They always laugh when I tell them I am going on a date with a boy. That boy being their father!! If you are married and don't make date night a priority...........YOU SHOULD!

Friday was a bit of a crazy day. I picked Alexis up early from school so we could do lunch before I passed her off to friends who took her to the gymnastics meet. I came home and enjoyed the weather with an 8 mile run (already blogged that). According to Jaime, Alexis looked really good at her meet but the scores were horrible. I guess they were horrible across the board for our not so hot team. She did not have any falls or major mess ups except her dismount on bars. She touched her hands to the ground at the end and that is a huge deduction. She ended up with medals in beam, vault and all around. She was the best for her team but considering her team was on the bottom that does not say much. She was happy. We have talked many times on this blog about how she is calm as a cucumber and never seems to care one way or another. I am only slightly more competitive........(understatement of the year:) Alexis went home with her best friend Kaitlyn for the rest of the weekend. She was in heaven. Clark and I went to Friday night Bible study. It was great as usual. Starting a new study using the book Parenting Beyond Your Capacity. Considering I do EVERYTHING perfectly in the parenting department I should probably just skip this altogether.....JUST KIDDING!! I need this study badly. So bad that I missed Alexis' meet so I would not miss the first one (well...that and I don't like driving downtown by  myself and I would have been miserable with 4 kids at a gymnastics meet.......but mostly b/c of the new study).

Saturday I took the triplets to Nick's hockey game at the Pepsi Coliseum. I really thought I was going to come home with one less child b/c I considered leaving Ryan there he was acting soooo bad. The game was fine. Nick had a shut out. Not really even fair to call it that considering the team we were playing was not good at all. They only had 6 players and so we had to give them 2 of our guys every period just to make it fair. Nick was actually killing me a bit during the game. I am sure he was bored out of his mind but he was doing this crazy thing of sitting on the ice when the puck was at the other side. Not like doing up and downs (to stay warmed up). I had never seen him do this before and to me it was rude. I was screaming at him from the stands to "get up." This just goes to show that I really do scream (and sometimes lose my voice) at hockey for no reason. He never once heard me. In fact after the game he said, " I tried to find you in the stands but never saw you."  Really all that yelling for what??? To hear myself I guess. Anyhow....Clark was getting frantic texts from me asking what this sitting on the ice thing was all about. I needed to know if it served some purpose before I ripped Nick a big one in the locker room for doing it. Again, I just thought it was rude. Clark didn't have much of an explanation but was trying to calm me down via text messaging before the game was over. Lucky for Nick the triplets were being so bad that I could not take them in the locker room and by the time I managed to get three misbehaving triplets in the van, I had nearly forgotten about the sitting thing. So we calmly talked about on the drive home and I nicely stated I NEVER want to see him doing that again. He plays hard the ENTIRE game no matter how bad the team he is playing is. Get over confident and that is when you lose. Be focused and ready at ALL times or get off the ice and let someone else who wants to be there play. We let it go after that. The rest of Saturday was kind of a lazy day for me. Still having back pain so I didn't do a ton. Clark rearranged the triplet room and starting hanging some of the many pictures that need hung around the house. At night Clark had to meet my parents to drop off Nick.

Today Nick had All Star hockey games in South Bend. My parents took him since there was no chance I was dragging all 4 remaining kids there by myself. Clark is on call this weekend. They won both games and hopefully he will be home soon. I think Nick did not do well at all during the second game so according to my 'always negative with never anything positive to say' mom, he is upset. Doubtful b/c much like Alexis he doesn't seem to get terribly upset especially if they won. The triplets and I drove to Westfield to pick up Alexis from Kaitlyn's house. She had a wonderful time. They have been super close since birth.  On the way home Alexis changed in the car and we went to church. She managed to do this without having to take off the seat belt. I was impressed. Clark met us at church after rounding at the hospital. We are starting a new 3 week series called RICH. It was packed today. I thought it was good. After church we hung out around the house. Clark was sleeping on one couch. Alexis was out on another. Ryan and I were napping on the floor. I think Landon and Adam were playing the wii. In the afternoon, I hooked up with Jenny and Stephanie to see the movie We Bought a Zoo. It was a great movie. Jenny and Steph were crying when we left. I almost NEVER cry in front of people. Just don't. I am more of a cry on my own and blog about it kind of person. I say that but now that I think about it....Jenny did just over a week ago get to deal with me when I skipped over the crying state and moved right to sobbing so hard it was difficult to get words out state. She got to capture a rare Christy moment that not many will get to witness.  I am side tracked (which often happens when I have no real focus for my post and just do a recap). The movie was good. Go see it.  Now I am back at home and Clark is off playing in his Sunday night hockey league. I pretty much dread every Sunday night b/c that just means I have to work in the morning. Nothing different about tonight.

I hope everyone else has had a great weekend. Here's to a happy week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment